Monday, December 28, 2009

If you're looking for a new face mask, try......

Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque!

Details: An old school green face mask that claims to "dry up acne pimples, rinse away blackheads, and shrink enlarged pores."

Where to buy: I purchased mine at Walgreens for Buy one get one free at $2.99. So essentially, I got each face mask for $1.50 plus tax. The size I got was 8oz. You really can't beat that price!

How to use it: After you wash your face, when it is still wet, you apply a layer of this all over you face and neck. You wait about 15 minutes. You will notice that the mask has started to turn a light green or white color. When the mask is all light green/white, you rinse it off with warm water and a washcloth. I just use warm water and my hands.

How it works: This mask draws out all the dirt and gunk from your skin as it dries.

My thoughts: I think that this is an amazing mask, and not just for the price! I have found that it does help with pimples and blackheads. I haven't seen a whole lot of difference in the size of my pores, but then again I don't really check the size of my pores all that often! This mask really does make me feel like I am getting a spa quality facial right in my own home. My face feels nice and refreshed after I use this mask... I am chalking that up to the mint :)

Just a note: It does come out like a very thick green clay so you do have to squeeze the tube quite hard!

Overall rating: A-
I would give it an A+, but I find that when you get down to the end of the tube you really have to squeeze the tube hard to get out all of the product.

2 comments:

  1. wow, I didn't think these really worked
    my mom has the mud masque that comes in the brown container. I guess I should try it!
    Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh I absolutely LOVE Queen Helene products. I have the Mint Julep Mask and it has helped with my pores! My pores were huge! Now they aren't amazingly smaller, but definitely noticeable!

    ReplyDelete